These are indeed one of my favorite breakfast treats, especially when I want to chew! (Usually breakfast consists of a power packed smoothie and a banana, hence my craving to bite something.) Meal prepping is not difficult; the process of planning and being creative is the task. These egg bites can be freezed, or kept in an air tight container for 3-4 days.
1 dozen eggs (or 1 box of egg whites)
1 medium onion
2 cups of fresh spinach
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green or orange pepper
1/2 bunch of scallions
1/2 cup of feta or cheddar cheese (optional)
2-3 cloves of fresh garlic
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
1. Chop all vegetables. Then lightly sauté all vegetables except spinach. Do not overcook. Let cool.
2. Beat eggs well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Whisk eggs, vegetables, and cheese together in one mixing bowl.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of mixture into lined muffin tins. Do not overfill.
5. Bake at 400° F for 12-15 mins. Allow muffin to cool.
6. Serve with fresh salsa, hot sauce or by itself.
(As stated above, reheats well; can be frozen.)
Journey to Wellness, Healthywellstrong.com 2018